A newspaper in New York is catching heat from readers about two interactive maps published over the weekend. They show names and addresses of every person who has obtained or updated a gun permit in the last five years. Critics are outraged, saying it's a violation of their privacy and puts the gun owners in danger. But, the newspaper stands by its decision, saying that it's important information in light of the Sandy Hook School shooting earlier this month. What do you think: should newspapers publish gun permit holders' personal information? It's public record - should it be? Click here to leave your comments inside.
Local News Headlines
- Strong winds down trees and powerlines
- Strong winds create dangerous driving conditions
- Memorial service for 3 firefighters Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Okanogan PUD may need several weeks to restore power
- Tunk Valley neighbors looking after each other
- Record amount of retardant dropped on regional wildfires
- Carpenter Road neighbors take fire fight into their own hands
- Memorial near Twisp honors fallen firefighters
- Crews knock down fast moving brush fire off I-90
- Crew of military veterans battle Carpenter Road Fire