City officials, Spokane Police and the Spokane Homeless Coalition is coming up with a plan to deal with the growing homeless encampment under Interstate 90. The homeless coalition will provide housing and social services; but the city will also enforce its ordinance prohibiting camping on public or private property. KXLY was first to report the growing issue and what police refer to as a public health hazard, with human waste littering the area and alcohol and trash left behind. What you do think: does the homeless encampment bother you? Should the city take action or let them be? Leave your comments below.
Published On: Jan 03 2013 01:21:49 PM PST
Local News Headlines
- Wildfire near Gorge amphitheater was 'accidental'
- Fire season makes its 2016 debut in the Inland Northwest
- Spokane domestic violence services lose funding
- Former Ferris HS administrator sentenced to 15 months for child molestation
- Over 3 million 'Tommee Tippee Sippee Cups' recalled
- Cusick man saves little girl from fatal crash in Pend Oreille River
- Online crooks cost Washingtonians millions of dollars
- Increased boat patrols aim to save lives
- Man arrested for Spokane package thefts
- Growing woes reducing size of bing cherry crop