Five inmates at the Idaho Correctional Institution in Boise are suing some of the world's biggest alcohol companies, saying it's the companies' fault they got addicted to alcohol and committed crimes. The inmates, who don't have a lawyer, say the companies should include warning labels; one inmate said he had no idea alcohol was habit forming until he was addicted and committing crimes. You can read the article here, then sound off: do you think alcohol companies should be held responsible for the actions of people who consume? Should they include warning labels like cigarettes? Leave your comments below.
Local News Headlines
- Fire crews cleaning up weekend wildfires
- Mother of fallen soldier finds new way to honor his legacy
- Wildfire near Gorge amphitheater was 'accidental'
- Fire season makes its 2016 debut in the Inland Northwest
- Spokane domestic violence services lose funding
- Former Ferris HS administrator sentenced to 15 months for child molestation
- Over 3 million 'Tommee Tippee Sippee Cups' recalled
- Cusick man saves little girl from fatal crash in Pend Oreille River
- Online crooks cost Washingtonians millions of dollars
- Increased boat patrols aim to save lives