Starting August 1st, Walmart will put electronic i-d tags on men's clothing like jeans, underwear and socks.
The retail giant says it's to gain more control over its inventory, but critics say it's a major violation of privacy.
The removable smart tags can be read from a distance by Wal-mart workers with scanners.
It will tell them in seconds what size and what's in the stock room.
Wal-mart's goal is to eventually expand the tags to other types of merchandise.
Critics worry Walmart will be able to track customers without their knowledge.
Walmart says the info will be strictly used for inventory.
Creepy or cool? Do you like the idea of Walmart using the tracking device?
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting