SPOKANE, Wash. - A suspected shoplifter is in the emergency room after he ran in front of a Spokane police car and was knocked right out of his shoes.
The incident happened at Main and Lincoln as the suspected thief tried to get away from Nordstrom security guards with a bag full of stolen cosmetics.
As the suspect was fleeing the store a police officer just happened to be driving past the store. The officer wasn?t even aware of the pursuit and had a green light on Main when the suspect crossed in front of him and was hit by the patrol car?s bumper.
The suspect likely suffered a broken leg and will be charged with theft along with an outstanding Department of Corrections warrant when he's released from the hospital.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time