A fight among students--and then their parents--prompted a New York high school to go into lockdown Tuesday.
The Washington Post reports the Poughkeepsie school was met with 10 police officers when a fight broke out among students just after noon. The parents of the students arrived later and starting fighting each other, too.
Spokespeople from the school district said the external threat required administrators to enforce its shelter-in-place warning until the threat was under control.
Details of the fights and possible charges are unknown.
- Spokane submits its proposal to become Amazon's second headquarters
- Spokane Valley deputies searching for missing child
- Titanic artifact exhibition opens Saturday
- Studying hate to fight it: GU kicks off fourth International Conference on Hate Studies
- East Valley Middle School's proactive approach to bullying
- Police search for car that hit and killed cyclist