A California man has filed a lawsuit after he found two baby geckos in his beer can, which upon drinking, resulted in severe illness.
The Huffington Post reports George Toubbeh says he bought the cans of Heineken from a Ralph's grocery store in 2015, and upon drinking it, noticed a foul taste. Shortly after consuming the beer, he experienced severe abdominal pain and vomiting. Toubbeh first went to the emergency room where he was given Xanax and Zofran for the nausea and vomiting, but was forced to return to urgent care two days later for similar symptoms.
When Toubbeh's daughter examined the can, she found two leopard geckos that experts say were probably alive when the beer was originally canned because there was little to no decomposition.
Toubbeh's suit says he's suffered "extreme anxiety" and post-traumatic stress since the discovery and that has resulted in missing weeks of work.
He is suing Heineken, The Kroger Company--owners of the Ralph's grocery chain--and an unknown beer distributor.
- Spokane Police investigating body found in dumpster on South Hill
- Spokane man chases three separate Ross shoplifters
- Man rescued from Spokane River jumped in to avoid SCC security
- Keep your pets safe during Halloween
- Police arrest man who stole from multiple ex-girlfriends
- City seeks public input on 2018 budget