SANDPOINT, Idaho - Schweitzer Mountain Resort has announced the start of the 2017-2018 season will begin on Saturday, November 18.
"It's been a fabulous November for snowfall," said Marketing Manager Dig Chrismer. "We've received 37 inches so far this month and with temps staying below freezing on the mountain, we've been able to make snow as well."
Schweitzer plans on limited operations the opening weekend of November 18 and 19, with musical chairs and basin express quad running from 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. The resort will close mid-week and reopen Friday, November 24 for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. After that weekend, the resort will suspend operations until Friday, December 1 for the full seven day operating schedule.
:The forecast looks good for additional snowfall in the coming weeks, making it possible to add more lifts and terrain as we can," said Chrismer.
Guests are reminded that the Schweitzer Cut-Off Road from U.S. Route 95 is still closed and the detour via Bronx Road is still in place. For more information about Schweitzer's hours of operation, the latest weather conditions on the mountain, and the Red Barn bus schedule, click here.
- Holiday deals for the savvy consumer
- New details emerge in Medical Lake High School explicit photo drive
- Travel easier during the busiest holiday weekend in a decade
- Cantwell fights higher park fees
- Padden named ranking member on Senate Law and Justice committee
- Best deals for in-store shopping on Black Friday 2017