COEUR D'ALENE -- After less than a month in operation the new Aftershock roller coaster at Silverwood Theme Park has run into a mechanical malfunction.
The roller coaster was stuck for about 10 minutes Wednesday, stranding riders. A spokesperson for Silverwood says that a sensor tripped stopping the ride.
The ride, which was previously featured at a Six Flags amusement park in Illinois, had a history of problems similar to the one experienced Wednesday at Silverwood, which led to frequent shutdowns of the ride.
A spokesperson at Silverwood says that they are aware of the ride's history but it has been rewired and they are confident they won't have the same problems repeated.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River