COEUR D'ALENE -- After less than a month in operation the new Aftershock roller coaster at Silverwood Theme Park has run into a mechanical malfunction.
The roller coaster was stuck for about 10 minutes Wednesday, stranding riders. A spokesperson for Silverwood says that a sensor tripped stopping the ride.
The ride, which was previously featured at a Six Flags amusement park in Illinois, had a history of problems similar to the one experienced Wednesday at Silverwood, which led to frequent shutdowns of the ride.
A spokesperson at Silverwood says that they are aware of the ride's history but it has been rewired and they are confident they won't have the same problems repeated.
- Man found dead in downtown Spokane parking lot
- Riverfront Park construction progresses
- Study shows Spokane Police Department needs more officers
- Mom of son with rare disease says healthcare decision is about more than 'politics'
- Summer thunderstorms leave a mess for some residents around region
- Airman found dead in dorm at Fairchild