COEUR D'ALENE -- After less than a month in operation the new Aftershock roller coaster at Silverwood Theme Park has run into a mechanical malfunction.
The roller coaster was stuck for about 10 minutes Wednesday, stranding riders. A spokesperson for Silverwood says that a sensor tripped stopping the ride.
The ride, which was previously featured at a Six Flags amusement park in Illinois, had a history of problems similar to the one experienced Wednesday at Silverwood, which led to frequent shutdowns of the ride.
A spokesperson at Silverwood says that they are aware of the ride's history but it has been rewired and they are confident they won't have the same problems repeated.
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA