SPOKANE, Wash. - Last year, the organizers of Restaurant Wars were overwhelmed by the amount of interest in their inaugural event. They pre-sold around 1,500 tickets, but more than 3,000 people showed up.
This year, they have changed venues from Kendall Yards to Avista Stadium. They have nearly tripled the amount of restaurants participating. This year, you can grab a small sample plate for just $17 from the following restaurants: Clover, MAX at Mirabeau, Gilded Unicorn, Brunchunette, Chaps, Casper Fry, Wandering Table, Tortilla Union, Wasabi, Zona Blanca, Fourty-One South, Durkin’s, The Onion, Republic Kitchen + Taphouse, Timber, Palouse Bar and Grill, Manito Tap House, and Prohibition Gastropub.
Organizers say guests will come for the food and stay for the live music and lounge, food trucks, a live food fight and farmers market atmosphere.
Check out Restaurant Wars Saturday, September 30 from 2pm - 10pm at Avista Stadium. Admission is free. For more information, visit www.restaurant-wars.com.
- Employee shot during armed robbery at north Spokane pot shop
- Missing Hayden man found dead off Highway 3
- Four arrested on drug charges in Orofino
- Ridpath Hotel offers affordable downtown housing
- SRHD and Spokane County Jail look to expand methadone treatment to more inmates
- Kootenai County first responders train for railroad emergency