LEWISTON, ID - North-central Idaho's once-popular lighted boat parade is coming back after a nearly 10-year hiatus.
The Lewiston Tribune reports the owner of Valley Boat and Motor in Lewiston, Mike Browne, is spearheading the event set for the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Hells Canyon Boat Club Commodore Bruce Larson says Browne approached the club last month about starting the parade again in an effort to further recreational boating activities. Larson says the group wants to provide boat owners with a little fun and to do something for the community at the same time.
The region's first lighted boat parade was held in 1986, and was orchestrated by the Riverview Marina every year until 2000.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school