BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Secretary of State Ben Ysursa smiles a little uncomfortably when asked whether he plans to run for a fourth term come 2014.
The fact is, Ysursa acknowledged Tuesday, he's already missed his own self-imposed deadline to make a decision.
Give him a little more time, the 64-year-old Republican asks.
Ysursa already has a challenger waiting in the wings, in the form of Rep. Lawerence Denney of Midvale.
Denney and Ysursa are longtime rivals, at least politically, having clashed over membership on the committee that in 2012 redrew Idaho's electoral boundaries.
Among Ysursa's potential considerations for running is whether his traditional faction of the GOP can field a strong candidate to face the more-conservative Denney in the May 2014 Republican primary.
Be patient, Ysursa asks.
He'll make an announcement. Soon.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives