SEATTLE - The wife of former Sen. Slade Gorton, Sally Clark Gorton, died from breast cancer Saturday at her home in Clyde Hill. She was 80.
The Seattle Times reports she was with her husband, family and friends.
She was a University of Washington journalism graduate who was working at The Seattle Times in 1958 when they married. Slade Gorton was elected to the state House of Representatives that year and later served as the Washington attorney general and 18 years in the U.S. Senate.
Sally Gorton was active in service clubs and charities. She is survived by her husband of 55 years, three children and seven grandchildren.
Services will be held at 4 p.m. Friday at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Medina.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults