The Spokane City Council will consider an ordinance to crack down on bikini baristas.
Councilman Mike Fagan says his proposal gives the owners of the stands a choice: put more clothes on the baristas or move their business.
The Spokesman-Review reports the proposed ordinance would create a misdemeanor "unlawful public exposure" law that baristas who wear too little clothing would violate. Fagan says such businesses could move to areas where adult businesses are permitted.
The ordinance is not yet scheduled for debate by the council. Fagan said he wanted to wait a couple of weeks to collect public opinion.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line