BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has reached into the ranks of Idaho's leading big business lobbying group to find the person to run his re-election campaign.
Otter announced Tuesday he's named Jayson Ronk as his 2014 campaign manager. The two-term Republican hasn't formally announced his campaign plans, though he's been raising money and telling supporters he will seek a third term.
Ronk is a veteran political organizer and currently serves as vice president of the Idaho Association of Commerce and Industry, the leading pro-business group whose members include Idaho Power Co. and J.R. Simplot Co.
Ronk takes over for Debbie Field, who served as Otter's campaign manager in 2006 and 2010.
So far, Otter doesn't have a challenger for the May GOP primary or a Democratic opponent for the General Election.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults