COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A northern Idaho Republican group says they will aggressively campaign for two seats on the Kootenai Hospital District Board of Trustees with the goal of adding conservative voices on how public money is spent.
Jeff Ward of the Kootenai County Reagan Republicans tells the Coeur d'Alene Press that the days of uncontested elections for even the smallest nonpartisan taxing districts are over.
He says the taxing districts control hundreds of millions of tax dollars and the group wants to make sure the boards have conservative ideas.
He says two candidates for the hospital board are members of the Kootenai County Reagan Republicans. They are Donna Montgomery and Jim Pierce.
Montgomery says she's a hand-up and not a hand-out type of person.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some