BOISE, Idaho - Republican Rep. Raul Labrador of Idaho has endorsed Midvale Rep. Lawerence Denney to be Idaho secretary of state.
Labrador made the endorsement Tuesday in Boise.
Labrador cited Denney's business and political experience as well as his dedication to conservative principles and fair elections.
Idaho State Treasurer Ron Crane also endorsed Denney on Tuesday.
The race for the GOP nomination is already crowded, with Ada County Chief Deputy Clerk Phil McGrane and former state senators Evan Frasure and Mitch Toryanski running. Boise Rep. Holli Woodings is the only Democrat vying for the post.
Idaho's secretary of state is the top election official, responsible for keeping track of campaigns and lobbyists. The secretary of state also holds a seat on the Idaho Land Board.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home