OLYMPIA, Wash. - After a several day delay because of a legislative special session and Boeing machinists vote, Gov. Jay Inslee is leaving to join a Washington state trade mission delegation in China.
Inslee leaves Thursday for Shanghai, where he will arrive Friday. He and the delegation of more than 100 business and education leaders will be in Shanghai through Saturday, and then will travel to Guangzhou and then Shenzhen. In Shanghai,
Inslee will be promoting Washington pears and Almond Roca candy and will speak at an investment recruitment event. His itinerary also includes promoting Washington state wine, a discussion with Chinese clean technology venture capital and investment firms, and meetings with education and government officials.
His trip comes a day after the machinists voted down a contract proposal by Boeing. In response, the company has said it would begin a bid process to find a home for its 777X production line.
Inslee is scheduled to return to the state Monday evening.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives