MOSCOW, Idaho - Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is kicking off Idaho's Republican convention in front of hundreds of state delegates charged with selecting a new state chairman and amending the GOP platform.
The convention is taking place in Moscow, Idaho, over the next three days.
Huckabee received a warm welcome from the GOP delegates attending the event Thursday
The 2008 presidential contender's speech focused on limiting the federal government and strengthening states' rights.
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul will speak later at the convention. Paul is known for his libertarian views and is rumored to make a possible run in the 2016 presidential election.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties