MOSCOW, Idaho - Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is kicking off Idaho's Republican convention in front of hundreds of state delegates charged with selecting a new state chairman and amending the GOP platform.
The convention is taking place in Moscow, Idaho, over the next three days.
Huckabee received a warm welcome from the GOP delegates attending the event Thursday
The 2008 presidential contender's speech focused on limiting the federal government and strengthening states' rights.
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul will speak later at the convention. Paul is known for his libertarian views and is rumored to make a possible run in the 2016 presidential election.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force