OLYMPIA, Wash. - Washington Gov. Jay Inslee gave pay raises of 2-to-3 percent this month to three state agency directors: Maia Bellon at Ecology, Joel Sacks at Labor and Industries and Carol Nelson at Revenue.
The Olympian reports the raises follow increases of up to 4 percent in September for five other agency leaders.
Inslee's spokesman David Postman says pay is being adjusted to address inequities and to compensate cabinet officers for additional roles in the governor's Results Washington initiative. That's the program to use lean management techniques to improve efficiency.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march