OLYMPIA, Wash. - Washington Gov. Jay Inslee gave pay raises of 2-to-3 percent this month to three state agency directors: Maia Bellon at Ecology, Joel Sacks at Labor and Industries and Carol Nelson at Revenue.
The Olympian reports the raises follow increases of up to 4 percent in September for five other agency leaders.
Inslee's spokesman David Postman says pay is being adjusted to address inequities and to compensate cabinet officers for additional roles in the governor's Results Washington initiative. That's the program to use lean management techniques to improve efficiency.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns