SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - An attorney for former U.S. ambassador Ryan Crocker has gotten a postponement for his court appearance scheduled for Wednesday.
Washington State troopers say Crocker was involved in a hit and run drunk driving accident in Spokane Valley August 14.
Witnesses say Crocker side-swiped a semi making a turn on Sprague Avenue and then fled the scene in Ford Mustang convertible.
Crocker's blood alcohol level was tested and it was double the legal limit.
He was supposed to appear before a district court judge Wednesday but his attorney has asked for a continuance to allow time for more negotiations with prosecutors.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting