OLYMPIA, Wash. - Maria Cantwell, Washington's junior senator, easily won enough votes to move to the fall general election. She'll face Republican Michael Baumgartner, who was garnering the second most votes following an early tally from Tuesday's primary election.
The Democrat Cantwell is seeking her third term.
Baumgartner was elected to the state Senate in 2010. The Pullman native is trying to become the first Republican elected to the United States Senate from Washington since Slade Gorton in 1994.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults