OLYMPIA, Wash. - Maria Cantwell, Washington's junior senator, easily won enough votes to move to the fall general election. She'll face Republican Michael Baumgartner, who was garnering the second most votes following an early tally from Tuesday's primary election.
The Democrat Cantwell is seeking her third term.
Baumgartner was elected to the state Senate in 2010. The Pullman native is trying to become the first Republican elected to the United States Senate from Washington since Slade Gorton in 1994.
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA