OLYMPIA, Wash. - Maria Cantwell, Washington's junior senator, easily won enough votes to move to the fall general election. She'll face Republican Michael Baumgartner, who was garnering the second most votes following an early tally from Tuesday's primary election.
The Democrat Cantwell is seeking her third term.
Baumgartner was elected to the state Senate in 2010. The Pullman native is trying to become the first Republican elected to the United States Senate from Washington since Slade Gorton in 1994.
- Ferris teacher, coach under investigation in Idaho
- 170,000 job seekers compromised by Department of Labor hack
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- 4 Things To Know For March 23
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Spokane River flooding backyards in Seven Mile neighborhood