(CNN) -- Republicans and Democrats remain a "significant distance" apart in talks to avert a year-end combination of spending cuts and tax increases that could trigger a new recession, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Sunday.
Local News Headlines
- Centralia man accused of running drug ring
- Parents use daughter's iPad to help nab sexual predator
- Hart pleads not guilty to Nine Mile Falls murder
- Police searching for suspect in CHAS Valley Clinic robbery
- Attempted robbery at N. Division Chase Bank.
- Thieves target ATMs at Spokane Valley businesses
- Chelan County search continues for mushroom hunter
- Berger grabbed deputy's taser during Oz Fitness altercation
- Detectives retrieve shooting suspect's getaway car
- One killed in North Spokane shooting