(CNN) -- President Barack Obama on Thursday touted the immigration reforms that the Senate passed in June but were blocked in the House, and called on House Republicans to work with Democrats to get a deal. "This reform comes as close to anything we've got to a law that will benefit everybody now and far into the future. Let's see if we can get it done, and let's see if we can get it done this year," Obama said at the White House.
Local News Headlines
- Police undergoing crisis intervention training
- Owners of former WA state liquor stores struggling
- Teen seeks to withdraw plea in Yakima shooting
- 1,700 pot business applications received in Wash.
- 3 new Pasco schools named for female scientists
- Police: SUV was hit by train at marked crossing
- Bagby Hot Springs attack possible hate crime
- Megaload movers decide to resume Ore. trip
- Thieves steal woman's home
- Observant neighbor helps cops bust copper wire thieves