WILBUR, Wash. - One man is dead after a head-on collision involving a semi truck on Highway 2 near Wilbur around 9:30 Friday night.
Washington State Patrols says that 24-year-old Trenton Frye, of Wilbur, was driving a blue 2002 Ford Explorer westbound on Highway 2 at Sherman Draw Road. Frye crossed over the center line, striking an eastbound 2006 freightliner tractor trailer driven by 67-year-old Sidney Cole, of La Vista, Nebraska.
Frye was declared deceased at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt.
Cole was uninjured in the crash.
- Ballots for November elections sent out
- Pot convictions could disappear for Kettle Falls Five
- Spokane Symphony honors the donors who kept the Fox Theater alive
- New psychiatric hospital set to open in 2018
- Spokane Police investigating body found in dumpster on South Hill
- Spokane man chases three separate Ross shoplifters