COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The North Idaho foster parents of a two-year-old child who died in 2009 were arraigned in court Monday.
Jeremy and Amber Clark did not enter any pleas, so the court entered not guilty pleas for them. A lawyer says that the Clarks maintain their innocence in the death of Karina Moore.
In 2009, the Clarks said that Karina fell down a short flight of stairs in their Post Falls home, calling it a tragic accident.
Later after an autopsy was done, the Spokane County medical examiner said the toddler died due to a blunt force head injury and Moore's death was ultimately ruled a homicide.
The couple was arrested last month and have been charged with multiple counts including two counts of felony injury to a child.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity