Winston, OR -

A 25-year-old Southern Oregon logger is sore and drinking a lot of water to flush the toxins from his body -- all a result of getting hit by lightning.

Ricky Jones of Winston tells the Roseburg News-Review he was holding a steel choker cable used to haul logs Thursday in a Coos County forest.

A thunderstorm descended quickly. Lightning flashed.

A co-worker says Jones convulsed, and it took him two or three seconds to drop the line. He was briefly unconscious.

Loggers dragged him to safety. An ambulance took him to the hospital. Doctors said his body had double the normal amount of toxins.

Jones took it easy over the weekend but returned to work Tuesday.

How does he feel?

"It feels like a freight train ran me over."