WENATCHEE, Wash. -

Fire officials say a dog reaching for treats turned on a stove and caused a fire that caused some smoke damage to an apartment in Wenatchee.

Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple tells KPQ it appears that the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned the stove on with its paw.

Yaple says the residents were not at home when fire crews arrived.

He says emergency crews were able to revive the dog with mouth-to-snout resuscitation. Damage was estimated at $10,000.