Authorities identified the victim in a Missoula house fire as the home's 67-year-old occupant.
Missoula Rural Fire District deputy chief Chris Newman says family members were attempting to resuscitate Karen Louis Miller when firefighters arrived Sunday night.
The Missoulian reports Miller suffered burns and severe smoke inhalation. She was transported to a Missoula hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Newman says a man, woman and boy also were treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation.
KECI-TV reports Miller's grandson, Colter Miller, spotted smoke coming from the home. The Big Sky High School senior punched through a window screen and pulled his grandmother from the house.
Newman says an initial investigation shows cigarette smoking materials near oxygen likely started the fire in the bedroom, where the blaze was contained.