Officials say a worker was injured when a flash fire ignited at a Malad City white pumice extraction and refining facility.
The Idaho State Journal reports the worker received second-degree burns late Thursday at the Hess Pumice plant and was flown to a Salt Lake City hospital.
A vaporizer that converts liquid propane into vapor had a small leak and caused the brief but intense fire.
The worker was in a three-man crew about to leave the plant. The other two men were uninjured.
General manager Brad Hess says the worker is coherent and talking and is expected to be released.
Hess says a safety valve popped off, causing the propane leak.