It turns out there were quite a few unusual calls for service this last weekend at the North Idaho State Fair, where Kootenai County sheriff's deputies provided law enforcement support.
In all, there were 66 calls for service over the course of the fair, including more than 20 calls for separated children that deputies and volunteer search and rescue members responded to.
- Deputies in plain clothes arrest three carnival workers for possession of drugs, possession with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Deputies responded to a theft report but the property was later located.
- Carnival worker reports theft of 8-foot stuffed lizard from booth
- Fair employee reports theft of golf cart from food court. Cart was found later, though several two-way radios were missing.
- Deputies respond to roll-over involving golf cart with man pinned underneath.
- Deputies respond to two juveniles fighting.
- Deputies respond to intoxicated people near camping area.
- Carnival employee reports theft of golf cart. Later discovered it was one of their employees, who was subsequently fired.
- Business at fair reports someone stole 150 costume masks in overnight burglary.
- Disorderly people reported at demolition derby.
- Disorderly people climbing over rodeo chutes to watch demolition derby.