A 29-year-old Southern California man has been arrested on a felony murder warrant stemming from the mauling death of a jogger by a pack of dogs earlier this month.
Los Angeles County prosecutors say Alex Jackson was taken into custody Thursday. The warrant also charges him with owner negligence.
Jackson was originally arrested shortly after the May 9 death of 63-year-old Pamela Devitt, who was out for a jog when she was attacked by four pit bulls in Palmdale.
Jackson was released on bail while DNA testing was conducted to determine if his dogs carried out the attack.
Prosecutors say since January, authorities received at least three other reports of Jackson's dogs attacking other people.
Jackson is also charged with several charges related to growing marijuana.
What do you think? Should that dog owner should face a murder charge for what his dogs did?
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image