A fight over yoga has turned into a courtroom drama for one public school in Southern California.
A lawsuit claims yoga is too religious to be practiced in a public school.
It was being taught in the Encinitas Union School District.
It began as an experiment to see if students would enjoy the stretching and strength-building positions yoga employs as part of their physical education program.
But a small group of parents are taking on the school district, primarily because of the religious roots of the Ashtanga yoga that's taught.
The judge hearing this case, has admitted, he practices yoga, just like these kids, but never saw it as a religious exercise.
Do you agree with the parents who have filed suit or do you think this case is ridiculous?
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday