(ap) - About 10 men openly carried their firearms in last night's Spokane city council meeting to show their support for gun rights.
The council approved an ordinance to clarify that public assembly areas such as Joe Albi Stadium, the Convention Center and Spokane Veterans Arena may ban people from carrying their legal and concealed weapons.
Council members say the ordinance brings city rules in line with state law.
How do you feel about it? Do you have a problem with the city banning concealed weapons in Spokane's public assembly areas?
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump