(ap) - About 10 men openly carried their firearms in last night's Spokane city council meeting to show their support for gun rights.
The council approved an ordinance to clarify that public assembly areas such as Joe Albi Stadium, the Convention Center and Spokane Veterans Arena may ban people from carrying their legal and concealed weapons.
Council members say the ordinance brings city rules in line with state law.
How do you feel about it? Do you have a problem with the city banning concealed weapons in Spokane's public assembly areas?
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time