Employers like the White House who rely on unpaid interns are getting a wake up call.
A new grassroots lobby is calling on President Obama to set an example to other agencies and companies to pay their interns.
It's called the "Fair Pay Campaign" and will launch around Labor Day.
They say they are focusing on the president as he has been stumping for raising the minimum wage all summer.
A spokesman for the group says working for no pay is unimaginable considering the rise in student loans.
Do you think interns should be paid? Or is the work experience payment enough?
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some