Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn and the gun control group Washington CeaseFire are launching a program to allow businesses to declare themselves "gun free zones."
Businesses that participate would place a "Gun Free Zone" decal in the window. Police could consider a visitor who violates the rule a trespasser.
According to KOMO news in Seattle, about a dozen businesses on Capitol Hill have already jumped on board with the program.
But, gun rights activists say it's discrimination toward people who are exercising their civil rights.
Washington is a free carry state and more than 350,000 people here are permitted to carry a concealed weapon.
What do you think? Good idea? Bad? Should we do the same thing in Spokane?
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line