(AP) The Washington state House has passed a measure to rewrite the remainder of the state's copious laws in gender-neutral language.
The measure, approved today, is the final installment of a six-year effort to harmonize the state code with language deemed more appropriate to the standards of the day.
The measure heads next to the desk of Gov. Jay Inslee.
Senate Bill 5077 passed the state House by a 70-22 vote, with Democrats united in favor and Republicans split.
It passed out of the state Senate by a unanimous vote in February.
Do you think this was a waste of time or was it high time the language was changed to be more gender neutral?
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults