(AP) - President Barack Obama says he's going to try again to close down the prison for terrorist suspects at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Obama says he's asked a team of officials to review the issue and will take it back to Congress again.
He told a news conference Tuesday he's not surprised there are problems at the facility, where 100 of the 166 inmates are on a hunger strike.
Obama ordered the detention center closed upon taking office, but Congress thwarted him and made it harder to move prisoners elsewhere.
Releases and transfers have since become rare, giving detainees little hope of ever being released.
Do you feel Guantanamo Bay should be shut down or would that be a mistake?
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line