Police on Saturday booked the man suspected of shooting Portland police officer Jeff Dorn and killing Dorn's K-9 partner, Mick, on Wednesday.
Paul Alan Ropp, 20, was charged eight counts related to the incident, including attempted murder and assault of a law enforcement animal.
Charges are pending against two other men involved in the incident.
K9 Mick is credited with saving the life of his partner, Officer Dorn, who was wounded in the shooting.
Do you think suspects who kill K9 officers should face murder charges?
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line