Beginning next year, the number of people in Washington seeking substance abuse treatment could triple.
Thousands will become eligible for insurance coverage because of new health care reform laws starting in January.
About 166,000 new people could seek substance abuse treatment.
The state estimates right now - only 1 in 10 who need substance abuse treatment get it.
Do you think substance abuse treatment should be covered under the new health care reform?
Or should the person seeking treatment be responsible for paying? Sound Off!
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane