Consider it Spokane's front yard: Riverfront Park. The city is working on plans to revitalize the gem.
The city says one of the top three attractions requested by the public is a destination playground, so plans to develop a nearly 2 acre playground is in the works.
The Master Plan also hopes to created a dynamic north bank gateway that is just as impressive as the south gateway where the Rotary Fountain is located.
The ice rink would be moved from the pavilion to the Gondola Meadow near the corner of Post and Spokane Falls Boulevard. Potential summer uses for the rink include a farmer's market, a platform for summer concerts, or outdoor dining for downtown employees.
Ultimately, the decision is yours. The city will have to put a bond issue to the voters in November to fund the project before any changes are made. That begs the question: Are you game? Would you be willing to pay a bit extra to fund a renovation?
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives