Spokane parking authorities could soon be able to put parking boots on the vehicles of those who have four or more unpaid parking tickets.
A new city ordinance would give authorities an option for recourse against those who aren't paying their tickets.
There are 85,000 outstanding tickets in Spokane, that's $4,000,000 worth of revenue that the city hasn't received. 3,500 drivers would qualify for this boot program.
The money from parking violation tickets goes to repair city sidewalks and create safer pedestrian pathways.
What do you think? Is this new "booting" ordinance a good idea?
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017