Spokane parking authorities could soon be able to put parking boots on the vehicles of those who have four or more unpaid parking tickets.
A new city ordinance would give authorities an option for recourse against those who aren't paying their tickets.
There are 85,000 outstanding tickets in Spokane, that's $4,000,000 worth of revenue that the city hasn't received. 3,500 drivers would qualify for this boot program.
The money from parking violation tickets goes to repair city sidewalks and create safer pedestrian pathways.
What do you think? Is this new "booting" ordinance a good idea?
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA
- Civic Theatre actor sentenced to prison for child molestation