Gonzaga University has placed two students on probation for the remainder of their time at the school, after the students were found to be in violation of the campus weapons policy. The students fought off a would-be burglar by showing a weapon last week, but because their apartment is campus-owned, they weren't allowed to have the firearm. Gonzaga also says it will re-examine its weapons policy in light of the incident. What do you think: did Gonzaga make the right decision to place the students on probation, rather than expelling or suspending them? Do you think GU should reevaluate its weapons policy? Leave your comments below.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting