SPOKANE, Wash. - This year marks 22 years since Spokane banned personal fireworks. They are illegal in Spokane, Spokane Valley, Millwood, Cheney, Liberty Lake and the unincorporated areas of Spokane Valley.
Fire officials say before the ban went into effect they responded to an average of 104 firework-caused fires during the holiday week. Now they see about five.
We want your opinion: do you think it's a good thing that fireworks are banned in Spokane? Sound off!
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th