A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- N. Idaho lawmaker attracts supporters after punishment
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech