A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting