A surveillance camera in a South Florida elevator captured a woman repeatedly kicking her small dog, the Miami Herald reported.
The video, taken on Sept. 20, shows the woman cornering and kicking the puppy, a Shih-Tzu named Chastity, after taking it out for a walk.
Police arrested Keevonna Wilson, 24, a week later and charged her with animal cruelty, the paper said. She posted $5,000 bond Sept. 28.
Miami-Dade Animal Services removed the 10-pound dog, the Herald said. Veterinary examination notes said Chastity was frightened but was “friendly and easy to examine.”
The vet found “contusions bilaterally in abdominal area, contusions bilaterally in pinnae, pain upon palpation of lumbar spine and abdomen,” the paper said.
- Large fire burns Spokane Valley car dealership
- Wildfire burns in the hills of Blanchard
- Beck's Harvest House celebrates 30th year
- Health recommendations for early flu season
- Post Falls police hope to solve digital crimes faster with new equipment
- Jury finds Renfro guilty on three aggravating factors; faces death penalty