- Letter: Pot shops off limits to military members
- Bergdahl decision expected in days
- Missile launch officer dismissed from Air Force for drug use
- Army thinking about cutting jobs at Lewis-McChord
- Military to hold town hall to discuss potential base cuts
- VA holds town hall in Missoula, talks about expanding clinic
- US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier heads to sea
- Aircraft carrier Nimitz moving from Everett to Bremerton
- USS Stennis leaving Puget Sound on latest deployment
- 100 Colorado soldiers monitored for Ebola at Lewis-McChord
- Army sending JBLM communications soldiers to Iraq
- Delayed Nimitz move from Everett to Bremerton home ports
- Veterans Affairs to hold town hall meeting
- Navy considers more sonobuoys off Pacific Coast
- Boeing tanker test plane has taxi tests in Everett
We all know someone who is currently serving our country or someone who has served our country. In honor of these service members, KXLY 4, the KXLY Radio Group and Global Credit Union are asking you to show your support for our troops by wearing red on Fridays.
We are kicking things off Friday, May 23, which is the start of the Memorial Day weekend, and hoping people throughout the community will continue to wear red on every Friday through the Labor Day celebrations.
We are also offering free, red SUPPORT OUR TROOPS wristbands during this time as a way for everyone to further honor our local troops and service members. These wristbands are available at any Global Credit Union Branch in our area and at the KXLY Studios in Spokane & Coeur d'Alene.
Below we are creating a photo gallery of local soldiers and service members with ties to local families. We encourage you to share your pictures of your loved ones currently serving or those who have previously served. We will honor as many as we can during our newscasts, radio shows and on most of our on-line outlets like Facebook, Twitter and more. To share your photos with us, just send an email to us at email@example.com and attach your photos. Also, in your email, please share who you will be honoring by wearing red on Fridays.
Thank you for helping us honor these service members and their families.