- Be considerate to veterans on Independence Day
- Blind Spokane veteran completes Ironman
- Southern Oregon National Guard regiment returns home
- Army veteran guilty of slashing man's throat gets 80 years
- LGBT flags flying at VA headquarters garner opposition
- Malmstrom officer pleads guilty to several drug charges
- Soldier who killed 16 Afghans says he was `consumed by war'
- Patriot Guard pays its respects to fallen Marine
- National Doughnut Day has patriotic roots
- VA: PTSD doesn't lead to violent behavior
- Fairchild, McConnell tankers fuel NORAD exercise
- Missing retired Marine dog located
- Yearly count shows drop in homeless population, increase in homeless vets
- Woman locates WWI vet Carl Bergen's family
- Washington pilots among "fighter aces" being honored
We all know someone who is currently serving our country or someone who has served our country. In honor of these service members, KXLY 4, the KXLY Radio Group and Global Credit Union are asking you to show your support for our troops by wearing red on Fridays.
We are kicking things off Friday, May 23, which is the start of the Memorial Day weekend, and hoping people throughout the community will continue to wear red on every Friday through the Labor Day celebrations.
We are also offering free, red SUPPORT OUR TROOPS wristbands during this time as a way for everyone to further honor our local troops and service members. These wristbands are available at any Global Credit Union Branch in our area and at the KXLY Studios in Spokane & Coeur d'Alene.
Below we are creating a photo gallery of local soldiers and service members with ties to local families. We encourage you to share your pictures of your loved ones currently serving or those who have previously served. We will honor as many as we can during our newscasts, radio shows and on most of our on-line outlets like Facebook, Twitter and more. To share your photos with us, just send an email to us at email@example.com and attach your photos. Also, in your email, please share who you will be honoring by wearing red on Fridays.
Thank you for helping us honor these service members and their families.