We all know someone who is currently serving our country or someone who has served our country. In honor of these service members, KXLY 4, the KXLY Radio Group and Global Credit Union are asking you to show your support for our troops by wearing red on Fridays.
We are kicking things off this Memorial Day and hoping people throughout the community will continue to wear red on every Friday through 9/11.
We are also offering free, red SUPPORT OUR TROOPS wristbands during this time as a way for everyone to further honor our local troops and service members. These wristbands are available at any Global Credit Union Branch in our area and at the KXLY Studios in Spokane.
Below we are creating a photo gallery of local soldiers and service members with ties to local families. We encourage you to share your pictures of your loved ones currently serving or those who have previously served. We will honor as many as we can during our newscasts, radio shows and on most of our on-line outlets like Facebook, Twitter and more. To share your photos with us, just send an email to us at email@example.com and attach your photos. Also, in your email, please share who you will be honoring by wearing red on Fridays.
Thank you for helping us honor these service members and their families.
- Ingalls christens amphibious transport dock Portland
- WWII vet, 90, fighting for Purple Heart for service-related injury
- Washington National Guardsman dies in Iraq
- Storms force Air Force to temporarily rebase aircraft at Fairchild
- Suncrest resident making sure veterans laid to rest with honor
- VA to open Vet Center in Helena this fall
- Fairchild unveils new passenger terminal
- Army postpones rocket test at JBLM
- Fairchild wins 2015 Omaha Trophy
- Army panel sides with doctor on drug test
- Army vet gets nine years for suicide by cop attempt
- Washington base soon to require additional ID for access
- Program helps local veterans adapt
- Flossie joins the Air Force
- Train hero Alek Skarlatos wins Oregon medal