- Bergdahl describes maltreatment at the hands of the Taliban
- Suspended general won't return to post at JBLM
- Gold Star mom reaches out to help veterans in community
- USS Ranger towed from Bremerton; next stop Texas scrap yard
- State not interested in letting Navy use land for exercises
- VA: Spokane ER won't return to 24/7 operations in April
- JBLM soldiers ready to deploy to Afghanistan for a year
- Natural disasters worry Washington National Guard commander
- Extreme Team gives back to Iraq War veteran
- Extreme Team spruces up Marine veteran Ian Anderson's home
- Extreme Team gives Wounded Warrior a hand
- USS Ranger heading from Puget Sound to Texas scrap yard
- Overweight Tumwater man drops 85 pounds to enlist in Army
- Navy wants new station at Port Angeles for submarine escorts
- Former soldier charged with stealing $250,000 in benefits
We all know someone who is currently serving our country or someone who has served our country. In honor of these service members, KXLY 4, the KXLY Radio Group and Global Credit Union are asking you to show your support for our troops by wearing red on Fridays.
We are kicking things off Friday, May 23, which is the start of the Memorial Day weekend, and hoping people throughout the community will continue to wear red on every Friday through the Labor Day celebrations.
We are also offering free, red SUPPORT OUR TROOPS wristbands during this time as a way for everyone to further honor our local troops and service members. These wristbands are available at any Global Credit Union Branch in our area and at the KXLY Studios in Spokane & Coeur d'Alene.
Below we are creating a photo gallery of local soldiers and service members with ties to local families. We encourage you to share your pictures of your loved ones currently serving or those who have previously served. We will honor as many as we can during our newscasts, radio shows and on most of our on-line outlets like Facebook, Twitter and more. To share your photos with us, just send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your photos. Also, in your email, please share who you will be honoring by wearing red on Fridays.
Thank you for helping us honor these service members and their families.