- Last frigate at Naval Station Everett returns home
- Fairchild, Spokane fire departments cross-train for emergency situations
- Blue Angels flight team due in Seattle next summer
- Local Pearl Harbor survivors reflect on anniversary of attack
- Army vet, given days to live, beats the odds
- Vets brighten holidays for local military families
- Aircraft carrier Stennis testing flight operations
- VA scales back ER operations
- Soldiers in Ebola quarantine at Lewis-McChord
- Navy to decommission 2 more ships in Puget Sound
- Warrior Song Spokane helps heal local veterans
- Soldier demoted for threatening reporter's wife
- New commander aiming high for Fairchild's future
- Paratrooper 1, Burglar 0
- Veterans Affairs to hold town hall in Billings
We all know someone who is currently serving our country or someone who has served our country. In honor of these service members, KXLY 4, the KXLY Radio Group and Global Credit Union are asking you to show your support for our troops by wearing red on Fridays.
We are kicking things off Friday, May 23, which is the start of the Memorial Day weekend, and hoping people throughout the community will continue to wear red on every Friday through the Labor Day celebrations.
We are also offering free, red SUPPORT OUR TROOPS wristbands during this time as a way for everyone to further honor our local troops and service members. These wristbands are available at any Global Credit Union Branch in our area and at the KXLY Studios in Spokane & Coeur d'Alene.
Below we are creating a photo gallery of local soldiers and service members with ties to local families. We encourage you to share your pictures of your loved ones currently serving or those who have previously served. We will honor as many as we can during our newscasts, radio shows and on most of our on-line outlets like Facebook, Twitter and more. To share your photos with us, just send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your photos. Also, in your email, please share who you will be honoring by wearing red on Fridays.
Thank you for helping us honor these service members and their families.