- Buy your own Titan I missile silo for $1.5M
- Soldier convicted in 2013 stabbing death of comrade
- Wildlife agents kill bear at base where man was attacked
- Robbers steal personal effects from Afghan vet's grave site
- Artillery and rockets coming to JBLM training exercises
- Suspended JBLM general described as 'caustic' in report
- Suspended teacher dropped from Oregon National Guard
- Ex-Marine amputee begins 2nd attempt to scale Everest
- Navy-contracted ship loses power in Strait of Juan de Fuca
- Delays at Fort Harrison stand out among Montana VA centers
- Medical appointments for Oregon vets slow to improve
- Some Washington state VA facilities face wait time problems
- Malmstrom airmen conduct missile test
- Stevens County man making urns for forgotten vets
- VA Secretary, Sen. Tester to meet with veterans in Montana
We all know someone who is currently serving our country or someone who has served our country. In honor of these service members, KXLY 4, the KXLY Radio Group and Global Credit Union are asking you to show your support for our troops by wearing red on Fridays.
We are kicking things off Friday, May 23, which is the start of the Memorial Day weekend, and hoping people throughout the community will continue to wear red on every Friday through the Labor Day celebrations.
We are also offering free, red SUPPORT OUR TROOPS wristbands during this time as a way for everyone to further honor our local troops and service members. These wristbands are available at any Global Credit Union Branch in our area and at the KXLY Studios in Spokane & Coeur d'Alene.
Below we are creating a photo gallery of local soldiers and service members with ties to local families. We encourage you to share your pictures of your loved ones currently serving or those who have previously served. We will honor as many as we can during our newscasts, radio shows and on most of our on-line outlets like Facebook, Twitter and more. To share your photos with us, just send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your photos. Also, in your email, please share who you will be honoring by wearing red on Fridays.
Thank you for helping us honor these service members and their families.