- War College to make final decision on Sen. Walsh
- House panel condemns Obama for prisoner swap
- Thieves make off with trailer used to serve local veterans
- Local Army Reserve soldiers welcomed home
- Change in command at Fairchild Air Force Base
- Montana Guard helicopters, soldiers to help with fires
- 2 Wyoming air tankers in Boise to fight wildfires
- Military Warrior Support Foundation presents vet keys to new home
- Guard deploys troops, choppers to fire lines
- Spokane receives $8M grant to help homeless veterans
- Prosecutor: Deputy justified in killing soldier
- Bird strike caused fatal UK chopper crash that killed North Idaho airman
- Vet sues after burial plot with gay partner denied
- D-Day, Jerry Weed and the price of freedom
- Hearing ordered in vet's claim against VA
We all know someone who is currently serving our country or someone who has served our country. In honor of these service members, KXLY 4, the KXLY Radio Group and Global Credit Union are asking you to show your support for our troops by wearing red on Fridays.
We are kicking things off Friday, May 23, which is the start of the Memorial Day weekend, and hoping people throughout the community will continue to wear red on every Friday through the Labor Day celebrations.
We are also offering free, red SUPPORT OUR TROOPS wristbands during this time as a way for everyone to further honor our local troops and service members. These wristbands are available at any Global Credit Union Branch in our area and at the KXLY Studios in Spokane & Coeur d'Alene.
Below we are creating a photo gallery of local soldiers and service members with ties to local families. We encourage you to share your pictures of your loved ones currently serving or those who have previously served. We will honor as many as we can during our newscasts, radio shows and on most of our on-line outlets like Facebook, Twitter and more. To share your photos with us, just send an email to us at email@example.com and attach your photos. Also, in your email, please share who you will be honoring by wearing red on Fridays.
Thank you for helping us honor these service members and their families.