- Washington pilots among "fighter aces" being honored
- Spokane Marine killed in Osprey hard landing in Hawaii
- Oregon soldier's remains buried 60 years after Korean War
- 190 soldiers demobilized in ceremony for Bend Guard unit
- Kootenai council honors Vietnam veterans
- Organizers ready for Armed Force Torchlight Parade
- Woman finds WWI vet's discharge papers hidden in desk
- Protecting sage grouse could hurt military
- Faith, love carry blind Army officer through journey to Ironman
- Angry neighbors go to court over Navy Growler noise
- Buy your own Titan I missile silo for $1.5M
- Soldier convicted in 2013 stabbing death of comrade
- Wildlife agents kill bear at base where man was attacked
- Robbers steal personal effects from Afghan vet's grave site
- Artillery and rockets coming to JBLM training exercises
We all know someone who is currently serving our country or someone who has served our country. In honor of these service members, KXLY 4, the KXLY Radio Group and Global Credit Union are asking you to show your support for our troops by wearing red on Fridays.
We are kicking things off Friday, May 23, which is the start of the Memorial Day weekend, and hoping people throughout the community will continue to wear red on every Friday through the Labor Day celebrations.
We are also offering free, red SUPPORT OUR TROOPS wristbands during this time as a way for everyone to further honor our local troops and service members. These wristbands are available at any Global Credit Union Branch in our area and at the KXLY Studios in Spokane & Coeur d'Alene.
Below we are creating a photo gallery of local soldiers and service members with ties to local families. We encourage you to share your pictures of your loved ones currently serving or those who have previously served. We will honor as many as we can during our newscasts, radio shows and on most of our on-line outlets like Facebook, Twitter and more. To share your photos with us, just send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your photos. Also, in your email, please share who you will be honoring by wearing red on Fridays.
Thank you for helping us honor these service members and their families.