- Suspicious vehicle triggered Fairchild AFB lockdown
- Prosecutors take more time in fatal shooting case
- Homes for Heroes moves into Spokane
- Nighttime overflights of south Spokane part of Ranger training exercise
- Volunteers of America finishes renovating home for homeless vets
- 25th Honor Flight dedicated to fallen soldier, Marine
- Review faults Madigan hospital for infections
- Employers gather for Hiring Heroes job fair
- Man shot by Lacey police was soldier
- Hundreds participate in March for the Fallen
- Everett Naval Station leader under investigation
- Veterans Affairs to hold town hall meeting
- Fairchild airman receives Purple Heart
- Inslee launches statewide military alliance
- Hiring Heroes career fair and workshops
We all know someone who is currently serving our country or someone who has served our country. In honor of these service members, KXLY 4, the KXLY Radio Group and Global Credit Union are asking you to show your support for our troops by wearing red on Fridays.
We are kicking things off Friday, May 23, which is the start of the Memorial Day weekend, and hoping people throughout the community will continue to wear red on every Friday through the Labor Day celebrations.
We are also offering free, red SUPPORT OUR TROOPS wristbands during this time as a way for everyone to further honor our local troops and service members. These wristbands are available at any Global Credit Union Branch in our area and at the KXLY Studios in Spokane & Coeur d'Alene.
Below we are creating a photo gallery of local soldiers and service members with ties to local families. We encourage you to share your pictures of your loved ones currently serving or those who have previously served. We will honor as many as we can during our newscasts, radio shows and on most of our on-line outlets like Facebook, Twitter and more. To share your photos with us, just send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your photos. Also, in your email, please share who you will be honoring by wearing red on Fridays.
Thank you for helping us honor these service members and their families.