SPOKANE - A youth leader for the Spokane Tribe of Indians accused of sexually assaulting a teenage boy has been ordered to stay in the Spokane County Jail and undergo an alcohol assessment.
Rod McCoy stands accused in federal court of sexually assaulting the teen during a party at McCoy?s home last month. In court Monday McCoy?s attorney Bevan Maxey argued that McCoy should be released but Judge Cynthia Imbrogno said she wants him to undergo an alcohol assessment first.
McCoy was drinking at the time of the alleged assault.
He was arrested last Wednesday on a charge of sexual abuse based on statements from both the victim as well as several witnesses who were in the home at the time the alleged incident took place.
McCoy will be back in court next Tuesday.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home