LAKE ROOSEVELT - A 20-year-old man drowned at Lake Roosevelt Saturday evening and Lincoln County Officials think alcohol may have played a part.
The Lincoln County Sheriff's Department were called to the lake around 7:40 p.m. Saturday on reports of a possible drowning.
They were told the 20-year-old man was on a boat with five other friends when he decided to jump off while the boat was going about 20 miles per hour.
He resurfaced briefly before going back under and did not come back up.
Divers could not locate the body. They will go back in on Tuesday with sonar equipment to try and locate the victim.
Investigators believe the victim had been drinking before the accident
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting